-->

Just some thoughts...


So as I'm just looking around, from friends, friends of friends, to
just photography pages. I find a lot of things I'm proud to say I
don't do, and I say that with out any pride I say it more as if I'm
blessed to have the gift of site and a truth of art. I'm not mister
know it all when it comes to the rules of art, or an art critic . Just
an observer, not bitter, nor mad, or angry... Just plain confused.
Why? Due to some things I found personally wrong with looking
at these "photographers" pages. I came across one that edits not
just the photos they shot with HDR all the way up to 150% but they
edit other people's photos. Even asked, to me as an artist that's like
taking another artists canvas that was finished, or close to finished
and painting over it. There is no passion there, now I'm not grunting
and complaining, I just wish we had more passion with art. It's al-
most as if some are mocking the whole lifestyle of a true artist.

I feel if you want the shot bad enough, GO GET IT YOURSELF! If
you want to paint the same "boat" Go find your own paint. To be an
artist I feel you have to have passion, with out it you're just doing it to
do it. Then you would be better off working at huddle house. One
more thing, if you're an artist being nice and letting others "paint"
over your all ready created work, take more pride in yourself and
know that you're an amazing artist no matter what you think. I heard
of this one artist in new york that couldn't get any showings for a year.
She got so upset she took all her work, threw it in the alley dumpster.
Some bum picked all the work up, frames and all, painted over the
signature with his and started promoting himself with local gallerys
and became a millionaire. True story!!! I hope you guys get the point

-john Lotterhos

No comments:

Post a Comment